LOS ANGELES - The LA Civil Rights Department and Mayor’s Fund for Los Angeles, a private non-profit organization, announced the launch of LA For All Healing Circles: Open Dialogues for a Better Los Angeles today in partnership with community organizations across the City of Los Angeles.
The LA For All Healing Circles are open dialogues to build a better Los Angeles held virtually or in-person to foster stronger community bonds, support community-based organizations, and provide safe spaces for Angelenos to discuss the impacts of racial trauma, identity, systemic racism, and the COVID-19 pandemic. These dialogues invite the public to share their thoughts for improving our city and find shared experiences. They come after a year of painful and triggering events in Los Angeles, including the leaked audio recordings of city and labor leaders engaging in a racist, hurtful conversation.
Modeled after the LA Civil Rights LA For All anti-hate program, these dialogues seek to acknowledge past wrongs created by systemic racism and address the present consequences. LA for All Healing Circles will foster cross-cultural relationships, support the work of confronting internal biases, and shape equitable public policy solutions at the local level.
Funded through private philanthropy, the LA For All Healing Circles will begin in December and continue into 2023 to provide the public with opportunities to share, listen, and learn.
Past Healing Circles:
Community Healing Circle
- Wednesday, February, 1st | 5:30 - 7:00 pm
- Location: People’s Independent Church, 5856 West Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90043 (Parking is available onsite)
- About: Deylnn CDC inc, Christ Temple Cathedral Los Angeles, and The Promise Enterprise LLC will be hosting a Community Healing Circle, a space to hear your voice on the issues facing your community and how we might create healing. Please RSVP to email@example.com
- Armenian National Committee of America Western Region (ANCA-WR)
- Program 1: January 26, 2023 | Learn more here.
- Program 2: January 27, 2023 | Learn more here.
- Community Healing Circle at People's Independent Church: January 25, 2023
- Program 1: Wednesday, January, 25th | 5:30 - 7:00 pm
- Chinese American Museum of LA: January 13 & 17, 2023
- Program 1: Friday, January 13, 2023, | 11 am – 12 pm PST. Join: https://camla.org/healin
- Program 2: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, | 6 pm – 7 pm PST. Join: https://camla.org/healing Platform: Zoom
- Community Build
- Thursday, December 22, 2022 @ 12:00 PM (PST) (virtual): Click this link to join
- Black Women for Wellness
- December 14 and 22, 2022
- Homeboy Industries
- December 15 and 19, 2022
- Keeping All Communities Informed & Engaged (KACIE)
- December 7 and 19, 2022
- Vermont Slauson Economic Development Corporation
- December 13 and 14, 2022
Each healing circle will offer opportunities to discuss relevant themes and current topics, including mental health, addressing hate, and growing togetherness in Los Angeles. More LA For All Healing Circles will be announced in the coming weeks.
The LA For All Healing Circles come as a precursor to the LA Civil Rights Peace & Healing Centers launching in January 2023. The city-funded Peace & Healing Center program will include 9 centers, in partnership with local community-based organizations, focused on social, economic and environmental healing.
Click here to learn more about Peace & Healing Centers.